The On With Life family
Community Services Leadership Team
Phone: (515) 964-2634
Getty Zajcew CBIS, CETS
Phone: (515) 964-2634 ext. 178
What can we do for you or your loved one?
Our community services program offers services with the intent to develop skills required for community independance, self advocacy, and meaningful social community relationships for persons with traumatic or acquired brain injury or other neurological disorder.
What services does community services provide?
Services may include:
- Compensatory Strategy Development
- Budgeting/Financial Management
- Cooking Skills/Meal Planning
- Appointment Setting
- Personal Advocacy
- Recreational and Social Skills Training
- Community Based Functional Skills Training
- Advocacy for Medical Care
- Daily Planning/Memory Aids
Skill development services are provided to promote independence and ongoing community integration.
How are the services provided?
Our staff members collaborate with the person served, his or her family/support system and case managers to design a coordinated service plan focused on maximizing personal skills. Ongoing meetings are conducted to chart progress and plan strategies to minimize barriers.
Services are provided to individuals in their homes and community where they reside. We currently provide services in Polk, Warren, Jasper, Story, Dallas, Marion and other counties in Central Iowa.
Program hours and days are individually determined to meet the needs of the person served. Services are provided seven days a week, except on holidays. Service hours vary but generally are between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
What is our goal of the community services program?
On With Life’s Supported Community Living Program was created in 1998. Our goal is to provide specialized and culturally sensitive support to allow persons who have experienced a brain injury or other neurological impairment to maintain and/or improve their independence.
Referrals to schools, employers, training programs, Iowa vocational rehabilitation Services and places of worship are made to help address educational, vocational, cultural and spiritual needs.
What makes us specialists in providing community services programs
- The Bureau of Long Term Care of the Department of Human Services as a “Home and Community Based Waiver Provider.”
- CARF…the Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission as a “Home and Community Based Rehabilitation Program – Brain Injury.”
- Our Supported Community Living specialistss have an average of six years of experience in serving indivudals following a brain injury.
How can you know that this is the right program for you or your loved one?
The person to be served:
- Has experienced a brain injury or other neurological disability
- Is at least 18 years of age
- Is medically stable and able to live independently in the community, with or without assistance.
- Is able to administer medications or has made appropriate arrangements to assist in administering medications
- Does not demonstrate severe behavioral or personality disorder that poses a threat to self or others, or which requires intensive psychiatric intervention
- May be experiencing ongoing health and/or chemical dependency issues, which impact the ability of the person served to live safely in the community and participate appropriately in the program
- Meets criteria for eligibility for Home and Community Based (HCBS) Brain Injury Services
- Has a means of payment for services
- Adults not capable of informed decision making must have either a legally appointed decision maker or a representative with durable power of attorney for health care designation.
- Persons with communicable disease will be considered on a case-by-case basis with consultation by the Iowa State Department of Health.
- Health Insurance
- Private Pay
- Medicaid BI Waiver
- Medicaid MR.DD Waiver
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
How can you start the journey with us?
For more information about what makes On With Life Community Services such a unique program, contact our Supported Community Living Supervisor.
On With Life
715 SW Ankeny Road
Ankeny, Iowa 50023
On With Life’s Caring Community Connection; LeVar Rankin